“This Zine Makes Roots Visible” explores the harder-to-measure traits which are foundational to life: love, kindness, compassion, patience, etc. (our roots). Through personal stories, I prompt reflection and consider ways to make these values visible to ourselves and others—while living in a society where these qualities are often undervalued and harder to see. Theme: Experiencing > Measuring.
You Might Like This Zine If…
- You’re a fan of handwritten creations, made from the heart
- You think about how our daily actions affect others, what’s important in a lifetime, or how good it feels when someone thanks us for being ourselves
- You’ve held onto an important letter from a loved one, or are delighted to receive snail mail
- You could use a reminder of the good in this world, and the power we have to mold our communities each day—using traits of the sacred feminine
- You want to read something hopeful and inspiring
Readers Are Saying…
“Your zine is a work of art, you are so fluid with your thoughts and words. It’s beautiful, as are you.”
“Rebecca – your zine!!! What a delight to read and admire. … I was so captivated I read the whole thing and stayed up past 11 enjoying it. So thoughtful and lovely.”
If you’d like to share some words here after reading, I warmly invite you to share. How did this zine make you feel? Who would you recommend it to? I’d love to share your words here!
- 100 pages
- Handwritten and illustrated (& hand-copied, folded, and bound)
- $20+ (U.S. Shipping included, add $1 for international) or trade (see below)
- Published January 2022
Click the button below to order a copy on Gumroad, or alternatively, you can email me with which zine you’d like (and your mailing address), and send $20+ via Venmo (@RebeccaThering) or Paypal.
Mailing: I’m currently able to mail zines once per weekend. If you place an order during the week, I’ll see it when I use internet at the library to check email on Fridays. Thanks!
Trades: I’m open to trades! Just send me an email at rebeccarosethering [at] gmail [dot] com and we’ll chat.